NVision Guided Meditation
The pressures of contemporary living can cause anxiety, withdrawal and for many feelings of being dissatisfied with their life experience. Health concerns, feeling overwhelmed by the unending tasks on to do lists, hours spent ruminating over past events or worrying about future ones can all trigger the stress response in which floods our body with adrenaline, a hormone when overabundant is associated with stress-related illnesses such as premature aging, insomnia, lowered immunity, headaches, digestive issues and a general lack of joy. Stress begins with the perception that somehow our sense of well-being is in jeopardy; working with the mind through meditation to alter our perception is a powerful technique for quieting the stress response bringing our physical body back to homeostasis and heightening our life experience.
Recent studies have shown that meditation significantly affects the neuro-functioning of our brain as the brain does not distinguish between what is imagined in a thought and what is occurring in "reality" both activities triggering biochemical reactions and physical responses. Meditation helps us to curb the flight or fight response activated by adrenaline and offers us a practical way to manage stress. It helps us to understand our mental habits, to become an observer of our minds reactionary patterns and helps us to discriminate between habitual stagnating thoughts that hinder and inspired clear thoughts that aid us so that we do not as easily get sucked into the hysteria of our own mental chatter.
Meditation is a cumulative process, its benefits develop with practice. Many however, find it difficult to start on their own and turn to various techniques for help. We use our guided meditations as one such technique. Our guided meditations offer profound relaxation techniques that help quiet frantic thoughts, and carry you to places where the ego's vain imaginings slowly dissolve.
In our guided meditation you are not asked to stop your thoughts but to allow us to guide, and help you train your mind. We use sound and storytelling as guiding pathways through your personal internal landscape. Our meditations can be tailored for specific results such as coming to terms with grief and loss, support for healing, stress reduction, personal empowerment or igniting playfulness. Each meditation is a profound relaxation experience that helps to quiet frantic thoughts, open your imagination and re-connect you with your personal power and creativity.
Some documented benefits of a meditation practice include:
- Increases serotonin level, influences mood and behaviour
- Helps with focus & concentration
- Increased creativity
- Improved learning ability and memory
- Increased feelings of vitality and rejuvenation
- Increased emotional stability
- Increased productivity
- Brings body, mind, spirit in harmony
NVision Guided meditation is a co-creation between Ray Ippolito and Shakai Shepard. Using lush ambient soundscapes, gentle percussion, Native American flute, and vocal guiding we've created a sound meditation that flows into your subconscious helping you to release emotional stagnation, gain audience with your inner guidance, create a state of vibrant health and to assist you in the expansion of your life experience.
- Ray Ippolito is a multi-instrumentalist producer and teacher who has performed world wide with artists such as Krisna Das, Jai Uttal, Shiva Rea, Mickey Hart and many others. He has provided live music for 5 Rhythms, Shamanic Journey work, Yoga workshops, meditations and various retreats (www.rayippolito.com)
- Shakai Shepard is the founder of Vital Alchemy Acupuncture and a licensed practitioner of East Asian medicine. She has a background in social psychology and archeological anthropology from Columbia University and holds a Masters of Science in Traditional Chinese medicine. Her teachers and inspiration come from a varied pool of Psychotherapists, practitioners of Shamanism, Western medical Physicians and Doctors of East Asian medicine.
*For more information or to schedule an event please contact Ray Ippolito
email: firstname.lastname@example.org / website: www.rayippolito.com